School trips in the Hohe Tauern National Park
3 or 5 days including full board and programme
Discover the unique landscape together with the National Park rangers and learn about nature and the environment – choose from a wide range of modules and put your individual programme together.
Tip: With the Zell am See-Kaprun-Card, you can choose from a number of nature, cultural and sporting activities free of charge during your stay!
2 programme packages are available:
The 3 day programme includes a guided adventure day in the National Park, as well as a guided torch walk with lamas.
The 5 day programme includes two guided adventure days in the National Park, as well as a guided torch walk with lamas.
- Rocks and minerals: Using delicious materials (chocolate, nuts, raisins, etc.) and experimenting devices (pressing by means of a vise), typical Tauern rocks can be produced and their development can be traced. You can take your delicious “rock” home or eat it straight away (only possible in the NP workshop in the Klausner Haus, Hollersbach).
- King of the Air (in Rauris): The “King of the air” house is an interactive experience exhibition on the largest birds of prey in the Alps, the “kings of the air” – stone eagles, bearded vultures and goose vultures – and on the other hand it serves as a general hub with a service function of the Hohe Tauern National Park, especially for observation tours in the Rauris valley and beyond.
- Discovery trip in the forest: We cross the forest. Listen, see, smell and feel what is going on around us. Exciting stories, fairy tales and the importance of the forest are experienced at every step. By the way, we collect natural materials and make fascinating things like fantasy pictures with natural colours or may poles, etc.
- Wild high mountains: Orientation in the rough terrain. We look for our route by means of natural orientation aids, cross a wild brook and read tracks. We learn to recognize and avoid alpine dangers.
- Wild water: Together with the National Park guide, we go on an adventure tour, such as the Krimmler waterfalls (included in the summer map) – the highest in Europe with a world of water wonders to learn about the Alpine ecosystem.
- Lama Trekking / Night Tour: Each group has its own lama to carry the hiking pack and the snack. The relationship with or the responsibility for the lama is an exciting challenge. Lama stories, care, earning its trust, feeding, saddling, leading – all this is on the programme.
- Gold wash: A connoisseur of crystals and precious stones accompanies you through a river bed or a mound and explains the world of stones to you. He hides minerals that you can find and name, and you will get to take them home as a present. You are guaranteed to find them!
- Barbecue evening at the hotel Potatoes and sausages are grilled on the camp fire and you can sing and enjoy the charm of the open fire.
- 3 or 5 day stays in our comfortable rooms with TV/safe/shower/WC
- Full board accommodation, including an extensive breakfast buffet with a selection of organic options and varied buffet lunch and dinner (including vegetarian dishes and salad buffet)
- Programme design & support provided by a trainer
3 days per person
€ 179.20 (shared bedroom) including full board and 3 day programme
5 days per person
€ 345.60 (shared bedroom) including full board and 5 day programme
Booking subject to availability. Errors, price variations, printing and typesetting errors are reserved. Minimum number of participants 12 persons, smaller groups possible, subject to surcharge. At some locations, additional transfer costs may arise, if you do not have a bus available at the hotel.