Experience Historical Jülich
3 days including full board and activity programme
Founded as a rest area called “Juliacum” by the Romans, Jülich offers a medieval witch tower, the citadel dating back to the 16th century, one of the best-preserved fortresses of the early modern period, and the fun filled Brückenkopf-Park which is an unforgettable experience for all ages.
At the Citadel Museum, students and teachers learn a lot about a five hundred year, generous history from Duke William V right through to Napoleon. The well preserved fortifications with the Residenzschloss, which used to serve Napoleon as well as his troops as protection, are a special highlight. Here you can go on a journey of discovery between the historical past and the new innovative research!
During a three-day class trip to the 2,000 year old city of Jülich, you embark on a journey through time between a turbulent past and an energy filled present. During the tour of the city, interesting places will be experienced and will come to life. A visit to the Brückenkopf-Park Jülich completes the short journey in time in the bustling research city.
At the JUFA Hotel Jülich im Brückenkopf-Park, you will also discover interesting, curious and unbelievable facts about the important resource of energy. Different stations inform, entertain, invite you to relax and to let off steam, to smile, to think, to look at and try out yourself!
Centuries of history will come alive as you walk through the caves and passageways carved into the rock, which are known as the ramparts and casemates of the St. Johannes Garrison that were built for defensive purposes. If you do not quite feel fully inspired yet, a visit to the defensive points and their impressive canons is certain to cast a historical spell over you!
- 2 overnight stays in our comfortable rooms with TV/safe/shower/WC
- Full board accommodation, including an extensive breakfast buffet with a varied buffet lunch and dinner (including vegetarian dishes and salad buffet)
- 1x Entrance to the Citadel Museum (including tour for school groups)
- 1x City tour, approx. 1.5 hrs
- 2x Entry tickets to the Brückenkopf Park Jülich
3 days/2 nights per person
€79 (shared bedroom) including activity programme
Comments & Notes
- One free place when a booking for 20 guests has been made! Teachers do not pay for the activities.
- Especially recommended for 4th to 8th school year
- It is also possible to pre-arrange for your luggage to be collected from the station in Jülich for a surcharge of €1 to €2 per person. Please indicate when booking whether you require the luggage transfer service.
Booking subject to availability. Children’s/family rooms on request Rates do not include accommodation tax and single room supplement. Other room categories are available at an additional charge. Bookings over New Year’s Eve available for an additional charge. Additional discounts/price reductions are not applicable. Children sleep in the room with their parents. Errors, price variations, printing and typesetting errors are reserved.